Thursday, January 26, 2012

In My Life, I've Loved Them All

So in the past few blogs, especially, I have received an enormous amount of outreach. I can't believe how many people read these stupid little entries. But I'm glad it's a form of entertainment, knowledge, support, and maybe just to fill time for some.

I have received, e-mails, Facebook messages, texts, phone calls, twitter shout outs, and posts from people pouring out their support. Everyone wants to know what more they can do and how they can help. I'm not sure I've ever felt more loved.

I mean, some of these are to be expected: family members, life long friends, and people who can relate. But others are strangers. They are people I've passed briefly in life to tell me they are hoping and praying for me and for things to get better. I am shocked by the amount of humanity that has come from these. It's funny because in some ways, during times in my life, I have felt so alone. And, now, I realize I never really was. I always had a lot of these people in the shadows of my life who remembered me or thought of me from time to time. That's a great feeling to realize.

I want you all to know that I appreciate it so much. Words can't describe what some of you have given me.

My husband fills my ears with kind words. My parents have been more amazing than ever. My sister calls me out of the blue to make sure I'm ok, even though her life is amazingly crazy. My best friend texts me all day long to make sure I'm happy and healthy (as healthy as I can be.) My life long friend Megan has reached out to me in several platforms. My new bestie on FB checks on me daily to let me know I'm loved. My employer/mom of the kids I'm with has talked to me and understood the trials I am going through, as she has had her own. My husband's cousin reached out to me in an incredible way that made me tear up, even though I have not spent any time with her physically. (V-we should change that.) My cousins wife has confided in me that she, too, is facing diabetes and let me know I'm helping her. Two of my best friends/cousins are telling me constantly they haven't done enough for me--even though they are doing it every day. A friend's parent reached out to me and let me know she's praying. An old teacher, fabulous mentor, and all around role model messages me to let me know she thinks I'm strong.

If I have forgotten any one, believe me, you are not forgotten. You are loved. And I thank God every day that I have so many special people in my life. And so many more that I know I am touching--they are touching me as well.

This diabetes thing isn't easy. I'm going to cry. A lot. And get angry. Some times. And not want to take care of it. Occasionally. But don't think that if I do these things in a public forum that I think I am alone. I know I'm not. You all have showed me.

In my life, I love you more...

1 comment: