28. I have Diabetes Type 1.5 or LADA- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults. I am insulin dependent.
27. Diabetes does not control me: I control it. Even when it's out of whack, I can rationalize why it is out of control and cut myself my a little slack.
26. I can eat everything you can.
25. I believe in moderation, not limitation. If I eat McDonald's one day, it's fine. If I have a cupcake on that same day, I'm golden. But maybe fast food three times a day isn't the best thing I can do to my body.
24. I can do anything I want if I set my mind to it: give up regular soda, quit smoking, start a business, take me time, etc.
23. Shots of alcohol don't make the night. In fact, they just make the morning worse.
22. Being on insulin does not mean I failed.
21. My eating/exercise/lifestyle did not give me diabetes. It was just "luck" of the draw.
20. Doing something nice for someone is the best way to get over whatever you're mad at.
19. The people you don't expect to be important may be the best friends you've ever had.
18. Even when you think you've blown up the bridge, that person could still love you and wish the best for you. They may even be there with the kindest words you've ever heard and definitely need.
17. Just because some people are cut out of your life, doesn't mean you did everything wrong. It takes two to make any kind of relationship work. So forgive yourself.
16. Cooking is fun!!!! And delicious.
15. Pumping gas isn't so bad if you have hand sanitizer and money.
14. Overdrafts on your bank account are ridiculous and don't need to happen. Ever.
13. Living like you're fifty and well off doesn't work in your twenties.
12. Victoria Secret is mostly overrated. Except for their hair products.
11. A hug can change the worst day ever, into the best support you've ever had.
10. Some people will steal ANYTHING. From your dog, to a weed whacker, to a lawn mower, to a wedding ring.
09. There is so much support and education out there: you just have to search.
08. People always think they know more about your health than you do. And most of the time, they are just wrong.
07. Nannying is the only job I ever want to do: you get the perks of being their friend, their confidant, their caretaker, the one who kisses their booboos, their teacher, their everything. Then you get to give them back.
06. The people who you think you know the most about will surprise you. In good ways. And in bad.
05. Sundays are crappy days to plan anything productive. Because I won't get it done.
04. I have an amazing relationship with God. He carries me when I need him most and challenges me when I need to grow.
03. I am in charge of my health. Not my partner. Not my best friends. Not my parents. Not my CDE Not my doctor. Only me.
02. Mental Health and Physical Health go hand in hand. Take of both and you are going to be fine.
01. It doesn't matter what people decide is best for you. It doesn't matter if they think you are going to fail. It doesn't matter if they want you to do the exact opposite of what you want. What matters is you can handle being in your own skin. And the little moments that warm up your heart.